How your running journey can make you happy.
Own your happy because that is what life is about.
We often find ourselves looking for advice on how to be happy. Businesses tell us that if we buy their products we will be happy. We tell ourselves that if we can just achieve this or accomplish that then we will be happy.
But we have it all wrong. We talk about happiness like it is a destination, when it’s actually a journey.
You may love running, but do event medals really make you happy? If someone gave you that medal for sitting on your sofa, would you hang it on your bedroom door and smile when you see it every morning?
It’s what the medal represents that makes you feel that sense of happiness. The journey it took to earn it. The courage it took to book that event, the hard work you put into training and the sense of delight and achievement you felt as you crossed that finish line.
Own your happy by getting out there.
Your happiness is 100% your responsibility. You have to own it.
Of course, if you are lucky enough to be surrounded by loved ones they will want you to be happy. But when all is said and done, you and only you have the ability and resources to achieve personal happiness.
Only you can decide what it is that makes you happy. Only you can book yourself onto that event. Only you can put in the hours of dedicated running to achieve what you set out to achieve.
Happiness means different things to different people, so never let people dictate to you what you should do to be happy. Where one person may embrace the levels of dedication needed to run a marathon, another may find great joy in running their first mile without stopping.
Own your happy – nobody else will.
Are you ready to be happy? Don’t you think you deserve it?
Here are a few tips to help you take action when owning your happiness:
- It’s all on you – only you are responsible for your happiness, you cannot put that on anyone else, it’s your time
- Find what makes you happy – get out there, try new things and push your limits, you might be surprised where you find joy
- Learn to say no – saying no to doing things you know don’t make you happy isn’t selfish, it helps you be the best version of yourself for those around you
- Enjoy the journey – happiness is a journey, if you become too fixated on the destination you may forget to enjoy the ride
- Start small – getting started on a new experience, adventure or journey can often be the hardest part, just focus on taking the first small step and let the rest fall into place.
iTAB is a subsidiary of My Sporting Times Ltd. The company’s purpose is inspiring people to make more from their event experiences and time.
iTAB will always try to be energetic, colourful, empowering, and motivational. We are an ‘outdoors’ company that loves life and believes running events make people happy, by helping you take action and own what life has to offer.
If you catch us slipping on these objectives, please let us know .
Go and book an event, you will love it.
#ownyourtime #run #running #marathon #halfmarathon #motivation #runningmotivation #ocr #medal #medalmonday #triathlon #runhappy